Add your dog friendly business Add a walk Add your dog

Is Ice cream bad for dogs ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jimbo 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

zacman
    Participant

My Lab really enjoys finishing off a tub of ice cream and very occasionally gets a his own cone. My Father mentioned last week that he had seen something in the papers that said it was bad to feed dogs ice cream. Zac has never been sick, but I dont want to treat him with something that is not safe for dogs. Has anyone else heard that Ice cream is bad for dogs ?

Carl
    Participant

Cant be true. Archie has been eating ice creams for years with no problems. He loves them.

Jimbo
    Participant

Can only be a problem if your dog has an intolerance to lactose. Some dogs do, but it tends to be more to milk as a drink and is usually identified in a dog from young age. Best to stick to plain ice cream rather than flavours.

Hammilldog
    Participant

If your dog has never had a reaction to eating icecream I cant see what the problem is. So long as they are not grossly overweight and they are not getting sugary foods all the time. My dog loves an icecream. You just have to pick the right flavour and not get anything with chocolate or nuts/raisens.

Jimbo
    Participant

Never heard that ice cream is bad for dogs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.